|Job Title||Vehicle Mechanic|
|Department||CEMTech - Fleet Services|
|Shifts hiring||Part-time, Full-time|
CEMTECH has specialized in providing fleet repair services for local municipalities, emergency response vehicles, and private sector fleets as well. All of our repairs are completed by ASE Certified Mechanics at a fraction of the cost of our competitors.
Diagnose vehicle problems, repair vehicles to ensure adequate vehicles availability for Michigan and Ohio Operations and all joint ventures to meet daily operational needs and to ensure good customer service and relations with our clients. Maintain a clean and safe work environment in the support service area.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Diagnosis and repair vehicles mechanical problems as they occur.
2. Document all vehicle repairs on TMT Program.
3. Prioritize all vehicle repairs based on operational needs and length of repair time needed (i.e.: minor repairs should be done first if it will allow a vehicle to be placed back in service.)
4. Perform Technician-on-call duties as assigned by support service manager.
5. Perform preventative maintenance on vehicles as directed by service writer of according to maintenance schedule due in TMT.
6. Maintain a clean and safe work environment in the support service area at all times, free from trash and scrap parts.
7. Keep current with Technology improvements and engineering changes.
8. Be able to work in weather common with our area (i.e.: road service, repairs on the road) using the mobile repair unit and the field service unit.
9. Abide by Company’s current blood borne pathogen policy.
10. Maintain the current licenses necessary to work as a Technician in the state you are applying in.
11. Maintain the confidentiality of all employees, Corporate, patient records and information.
12. Carry out other responsibilities as assigned.
13. Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers.
14. Adheres to department customer service and performance standards.
15. Demonstrates personal commitment to the Organization’s core values through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
16. Demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules, works to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
17. Must have movable toolbox and hand tools commensurate with stated knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required:
A. Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
B. Minimum Work Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years experienced mechanics
- Must have State Automotive Certification or equivalent.
- Some heavy lifting is required.
C. Contact with Others: Works closely with customers, management, and staff.
D. Analytical Demands: Must have the ability to organize work activities to ensure efficient use of time and acceptable productivity.
E. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- State certification.
- Must have a valid drivers license and be eligible for driving privileges based on the current driving policy.
- Highest preference given to ASE Certifications, up to and including Master Mechanic.
- Proficent in general automotive systems, diagnosis and repair of engines.
A. Physical Effort: Must be in good physical condition that allows the employee to lift, carry, pull, push, maneuver heavy equipment, bend, climb and work outside in all types of weather common to southeastern lower Michigan on a regular basis in order to repair and retrieve vehicles.
B. Working Environment: Normal maintenance shop environment with exposure to health, accident, or environmental hazards. Requires travel by own automobile in variable weather conditions.
C. Equipment Used: Miscellaneous repair equipment commonly used by a vehicle repair technician. Computer, printer, telephone, calculator, and fax machine and copy reproduction equipment.
A. Reports to: Support Service Director or designee
B. Supervises: None.
The above primary job duties and responsibilities describe the level and nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. The description should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities performed by this job.
Community EMS utilizes Direct Deposit for compensation. As a condition of employment, all employees must designate a financial institution equipped to accept direct deposits and the number of the account into which the deposit is to be made.