|Job Title||Cash Posting Specialist|
|Department||Coding and Billing|
Under the supervision of the Administrative Billing Supervisor, the Cash Posting Specialist is responsible for the posting of all payments, denials, and adjustments to patient accounts manually and through electronic means.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The following essential duties and responsibilities are not all inclusive. Other responsibilities and duties may be assigned.
- Post all payments and adjustments received daily within the same day to patient accounts. (At month-end, stay until all payments are posted for the month.)
- Resolve unapplied (unidentified) cash by each week’s end.
- Post bad debt recoveries.
- Balance with the general ledger within 48 hours of receipt of month-end reports.
- Correct exceptions daily.
- Post claims electronically when available
- Monitor for and report trends in under payment to the Administrative Billing Supervisor immediately.
- Process checks returned for non-sufficient funds (“NSF”) the same day received.
- Complete daily cash report.
- 10. Complete management report daily and submit to the Administrative Billing Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers.
- Data entry
- Adheres to department customer service and performance standards.
- Process adjustments to accounts in accordance with written policies.
- Request itemized statements as needed.
This position has no responsibility to manage or lead a team.
EDUCATIONAL AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum Work Experience: One to two years medical billing experience preferred.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: None required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Contacts with Others: Works closely with Billing Specialists, Administrative Billing Supervisor, Clerical Support, Refund Specialists and Customer Service Representatives. This position will have periodic contact with staff working in Financial Services. As a member of the Parastar team, works collaboratively with all other team members towards meeting the goals of the organization.
- Analytical Demands: Must be able to work effectively with available computer systems. Must have the ability to organize work activities to ensure efficient use of time and acceptable productivity.
- Physical Effort: Mental/visual stress related to viewing of computer screens and printed material for prolonged periods. Lifting limited to a box of forms weighing 7-8 pounds. Prolonged periods of sitting.
- Work Environment: Normal office environment with limited exposure to health or accident hazards.
- Equipment Used: Computer, telephone, collection system, printer, calculator, typewriter, fax machine, and copy reproduction equipment.
Community EMS utilizes Direct Deposit for compensation. As a condition of employment, all employees must designate a financial institution equipped to accept direct deposits and the number of the account into which the deposit is to be made.