|Job Title||Clerical Support Specialist|
|Reports to||Front End Billing Sup’r|
Under general supervision, is responsible for providing clerical support services, such as filing, typing, preparing and distributing reports, assisting with special projects, claim submission and so forth. Requires excellent computer and organizational skills.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The following essential duties and responsibilities are not all inclusive. Other responsibilities and duties may be assigned.
- Completes a wide range of word processing tasks that include correspondence, profiles, lists, forms, tables, charts, records, and statistical tables.
- Regularly assists in the preparation of reports.
- Establishes, maintains and revises record keeping and filing systems, classifies, sorts and files correspondence, articles, records and other documents.
- Gathers data from departmental records and prepares, completes and/or processes reports, records and billings, which require an understanding of departmental / division policies and procedures.
- Opens, sorts, and distributes mail.
- Operates standard office equipment such as computers, calculators, photocopiers, dictation equipment, and the like. May be responsible for contacting service personnel to repair office equipment.
- Assists with "special" projects.
- Assists with conducting audits.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers.
- Adheres to department customer service and performance standards.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the Organization’s core values through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES CONTINUED
12. Demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules, works to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
13. This position does not supervisor any other positions; however may coordinate the work of others to complete projects and therefore requires excellent organizational skills.
14. May support other managers on work related projects.
15. All other job duties as assigned.
This position has no responsibility to manage or lead a team.
EDUCATIONAL AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum Work Experience: One to two years of work experience.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: None required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Contacts with Others: Consistent contact required with internal and external sources. Requires use of highly effective communication and interpersonal skills. As a member of the Parastar team, works collaboratively with all other team members towards meeting the goals of the organization.
- Analytical Demands: Requires the ability to plan, organize and prioritize work assignments. Must be able to interpret department policies and procedures.
- Physical Effort: Mental/visual stress related to viewing of computer screens and printed material for prolonged periods. Lifting limited to a box of forms weighing 7-8 pounds. Prolonged periods of sitting. May experience stress related to productivity requirements.
- Work Environment: Normal office environment with limited exposure to health or accident hazards.
- Equipment Used: Computer, telephone, collection system, printer, calculator, fax machine, and copy reproduction equipment.
Community EMS utilizes Direct Deposit for compensation. As a condition of employment, all employees must designate a financial institution equipped to accept direct deposits and the number of the account into which the deposit is to be made.