|Job Title||Registration Specialist|
|Department||Coding and Billing|
|Reports to||Front End Billing Sup’r|
Under the general direction of the Front-end Billing Supervisor, the Registration Specialist is responsible for the performance of insurance verification and registration. He/she is also responsible for clerical support such as filing and preparing reports. The Registration Specialist must fulfill assigned duties and responsibilities in order to submit claims and invoices in timely and accurate manner.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: The following essential duties and responsibilities are not all inclusive. Other responsibilities and duties may be assigned.
- Verify all demographic and insurance information is complete and correct for each bill and obtain any missing information. Utilization of various electronic verification systems, Web Denis, Medicare Eligibility, and Internet based sites.
- Answers telephone, make phone calls, and obtain and provide information according to established procedures.
- Keep up to date on all insurance laws and procedures, (i.e. Government Programs, Medicaid, Medicare, Private and commercial Third Party Payers) to insure that billing and collection practices are legal.
- Participates in Committees, special projects, and all other duties as assigned.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers.
- Adheres to department customer service and performance standards.
- On occasion, provides assistance with coding.
- This position has no responsibility to manage or lead a team.
EDUCATIONAL AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum Work Experience: One to two years of work experience in registration and billing preferred.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: None required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Contacts with Others: Interacts with Clients, Leadership, Ambulance Crews and co-workers. As a member of the Parastar team, works collaboratively with all other team members towards meeting the goals of the organization.
- Analytical Demands: Knowledge of the technical aspects of Medical Records Coding, Medical Terminology, and ability to search out primary data for coding. Must be detail orientated and posses excellent organizational skills.
- Physical Effort: Mental and Visual Stress related to computer input, productivity, and chart review.
- Work Environment: Normal office environment with limited exposure to health or accident hazards.
- Equipment Used: Computer, telephone, collection system, printer, calculator, typewriter, fax machine, and copy reproduction equipment.
Community EMS utilizes Direct Deposit for compensation. As a condition of employment, all employees must designate a financial institution equipped to accept direct deposits and the number of the account into which the deposit is to be made.