|Location||Dayton, OH*||*Position is based out of Dayton, OH|
|Department||Dispatch and Call Center|
Receive incoming emergency and non-emergency calls and dispatch calls to the appropriate vehicles to assure optimal response times. Relay patient medical history to hospitals and record all statistical information to be utilized for Monthly Management Reports.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Receive record and dispatch incoming emergency and non-emergency calls from Police and Fire agencies, hospitals, nursing facilities and private individuals.
- Enter into CAD system ALL statistical information involving ambulance or NEV calls and vehicle status to be utilized for Monthly Management Reports.
- Provide the responding unit with appropriate information for patient, location and destination, routing instructions utilizing knowledge of geographical area and map book resources, and the need for special equipment
- Provide relay of patient information to receiving facilities, and provide the link, as applicable, between the unit and the initial calling party throughout the call.
- Communicate with the supervisors issues relative to the staffing of all operations areas to ensure adequate deployment is maintained by reviewing daily deployment schedule as well as absence and tardy forms as documented by dispatch personnel.
- Communicate through frequent telephone contact with Police, Fire, Hospital and Nursing Home personnel.
- Maintain appropriate coverage utilizing established System Status Plan as defined in the dispatch CAD system.
- Ensure timely dispatch of all calls to ensure customer needs are maintained.
- Communicate with on-coming Dispatchers information necessary to ensure a smooth transition of responsibilities and having the on-coming Dispatcher acknowledge same before you leave your work station at the end of each shift.
- Maintain and update all dispatch logs, as appropriate.
- Must maintain confidentiality of all employee, corporate and patient records and information.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers.
- Adheres to department customer service, service excellence, and performance standards.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the Organization’s core values through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
- Demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules, works to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required:
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum Work Experience: One year experience as a dispatcher, and one year experience in customer service
- Contact With Others: Requires effective interpersonal skills to effectively work with all levels of the organization. Thorough knowledge of the operations, management and technology of a state-of-the-art communications center, including CAD, telephone, radio and GPS.
- Analytical Demands: Must possess considerable knowledge of principles, practices and methods of modern communications technologies, as well as federal, state and local laws.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: EMD Certification (within six months) and Basic EMT Licensure (within one year).
- Physical Effort: Must have excellent hearing and sight. Must have the ability to distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to type, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is constantly required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: Normal office environment. Generally good working conditions in an office setting. Frequent interruptions, work pressure and irregularities in work schedule are expected. Employee is subject to continually changing tasks with continually changing deadlines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to attend both regular and unscheduled meetings.
- Equipment Used: Call center and communications equipment.
- Reports to: Communications Supervisor.
- Supervises: None.
Knowledge, Skills And Ability:
- Principles of effective System Status Management.
- Medical terminology
- Use of medical and related emergency medical equipment
- Effective customer service techniques
- Communicating effectively at all levels
- Exercise sound independent judgment within general policy and procedural guidelines
- Good typing skills
- Must work independently with a minimum of supervision
- Possess analytical skills to anticipate and identify problems and take the initiative to prevent or correct them
- Establish and maintain proactive, positive working relationships with all levels of personnel within the company, outside agencies and customers
Salary Grade: 214
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Effective: June 2003
The above primary job duties and responsibilities describe the level and nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. The description should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities performed by this job.
Community EMS utilizes Direct Deposit for compensation. As a condition of employment, all employees must designate a financial institution equipped to accept direct deposits and the number of the account into which the deposit is to be made.