|Job Title||Mobile Health Logistics Officer Shift is 7pm-7am*|
|Location||Southfield, MI*||*Position is based out of Southfield, MI|
Oversee the day to day operations of the business of medical logistics transportation, monitor Parastar Communication Center processes and interactions to ensure accurate communication of information with crews, facilities, patients and public safety agencies, monitor company road staff and serve the client’s needs, coordinating timely intake and response of the appropriate resource(s). The Mobile Health Logistics Officer (MHLO) shall work in conjunction with the Communications Center Manager and the Field Supervisor to ensure patient, crew and facility needs are met.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Monitor assignment of requests for service to the appropriate personnel, at times consistent with on time delivery of service.
- Work with Field Supervisors to ensure timely deployment of personnel, available status communication and in-service status with the CAD system.
- Communicate with Field Supervisors information pertinent to ensure timely service.
- Work with Communication’s Center leadership to identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Work to identify alternate options when dispatch is faced with extended ETA’s.
- Approve Critical Service Failures when no other option is identified, and complete CSF report form when needed.
- Assignment of crews to vehicles and communicating same to each BU
- Review scheduled calls and report staffing concerns to BU leadership
- Provide back up to Communication Center staff when other staffing options have been exhausted.
- Receive and communicate to the appropriate personnel, complaints and compliments and follow through with recipient to ensure follow up.
- Request and receive OJI and MVA reports and forward to appropriate BU leadership.
- Coordinate with Rapid Deployment Specialist a list of needed vehicles for upcoming deployment.
- Utilize available CAD alerts to identify impending service pressure points.
- Communicate with BU leadership as necessary service issues and opportunities.
- Staff an ambulance as needed to ensure the preservation of a transport.
- Participate in additional responsibilities that include, reporting, supplies, incident report management and time card discrepancies.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
High School Diploma or equivalent
Minimum Work Experience:
One year with company or company affiliate preferred
Contact with Others:
Works with Supervisors, Managers, Communication Center staff, allied health personnel, public safety personnel, the public and Rapid Deployment Specialists.
Must be able to multi task, prioritize quickly and maintain composure under stressful, high volume and rapid succession events with minimal guidance or oversite.
Certification, Licensure, Registration:
Paramedic Licensure in the State of Michigan, CCT certification, ACLS, current AHA CPR Certification
Requires sitting/standing for long periods of time
Lifting of patients, stretcher and ancillary equipment
Movement of paper and daily keyboarding
Combination of indoor facilities which are climate controlled with adequate lighting and outdoor conditions which are susceptible to Michigan weather conditions.
Computers, telephones, copy machine, fax machine, headphones and other normal office equipment. This position may also require occasional patient interaction while staffing an ambulance. Employee must be familiar with and capable of operating vehicles and ancillary medical equipment equivalent with their training.
Reports to: Senior Mobile Health Logistics Officer
Supervises: Field Supervisors, Rapid Deployment Specialists, Road Personnel and provides oversite of Communication Center personnel
The above primary job duties and responsibilities describe the level and nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. The description should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities performed by this job.
Community EMS utilizes Direct Deposit for compensation. As a condition of employment, all employees must designate a financial institution equipped to accept direct deposits and the number of the account into which the deposit is to be made.